Forums » Bollywood

Amitabh Bachchan is not retiring, says the megastar himself

• 29 posts
    January 18, 2014 8:56 AM IST

Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan has been in the industry since 1969 and is continuously contributing to the Indiancinema. The 71-year-old is not tired yet and says that he has no plans to retire as well, "I have always been confronted with the question about why I am working at the age of 71. I feel that if I stop working, I will fell sick. For each one of us work is important as it keeps our mind and body busy."

He continued saying, "If I am satisfied with my work and start thinking that I have done the best acting of my life, then the actor in me will die. I always long to face a new challenge." It’s not like the actor didn’t think of withdrawing before but Amitabh says that it was the worst decision of his life. Mr. Bachchan stayed away from films for four years but afterwards, he couldn’t resist himself and asked Yash Chopra, if he has any project for him.

Amitabh stated, "Later, I got an opportunity to host the show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' (KBC) after which I paid back all my debt, with my own resources. Today, I feel good that I had to face all those difficulties during that period which had taught me lots of lessons." The award winning star commenced acting with Saat Hindustani in 1969 and acted in many flicks like Amar Akbar Anthony, Don, Agneepath, Hum, Mohabbatein, Black and numerous more. He made his Hollywood debut in The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio.

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)